The Charlestown Methodist Church is a massive stone structure constructed circa the 1844 in the historic town and capital of Charlestown, Nevis. It is one of the largest churches on Nevis and was built by Methodists who arrived on Nevis in the 1800’s.
The Methodists believed that the African slaves, who had been brought to the islands to work the sugar plantations, should be educated in religion and the English language.
The beautiful and stately Charlestown Methodist Church still holds services for its congregation today. The pulpit is raised on a wooden platform making it easier for viewing and around the in interior of the church is a balcony which helps to provide plenty of seating.
To request more information or to contact this business please complete the following form: