Just outside of Charlestown are the ruins of the Hamilton Estate, which was a sugar plantation until the 1950’s owned by the Hamilton family. After sugar operation ceased, it became a diversified agricultural farm where a wide variety of products, from cotton to vegetables, were grown.
Many enjoy visiting the ruins today, and the wonderful views of Charlestown and St. Kitts from the hillside where it is located. The ruins include foundations of a Great House, Windmill, Cistern, and chimney, boiling house and steam engine.
Offering panoramic views of Charlestown and St. Kitts. Hamilton Estate is located on the upper part of Government Road. The volcanic stone windmill tower and late 19th century steam engine are all that remain of a once thriving sugar estate. It last produced sugar in the early 1950’s.
To request more information or to contact this business please complete the following form: